BRANDED PHONE NUMBERS
• Vanity Numbers for Your Business
• Custom Toll Free Numbers
• We have over 9,000 Vanity Numbers to choose from
Considering a vanity number for your business? A vanity number will not only help your business sound more professional but also look more professional.
Vanity numbers are easy to remember so they’re great for companies who do business over the phone on a national level or those who spend a lot of money on display advertising, like a billboard. Relying on customers to remember the 10 digit number they just saw on a billboard as they pass on the highway is simply unrealistic. Expecting them to remember something like 1-800-LAWYERS as they drive by makes a lot more sense.
Vanity numbers are great for business, but there is definitely an art to picking your number.
Here are a few tips for picking the perfect vanity number:
- Make it easy to remember.
- It is all about the letters, so avoiding numbers at all costs is your best bet.
- Example: 1-888-THE-LOAN.
- Communicate what your business does.
- They are an extension of your brand. Use your number to tell people what you do like 1-888-DUI-FIRM does. There’s no confusion over what they sell there!
- Avoid unique spellings.
- One of the big benefits is that it’s easy to remember. Don’t make it hard to remember by getting creative using a “Z” instead of an “S.” For example: Using “catz” when “cats” isn’t available.
- Avoid hybrid numbers.
- It’s a lot easier to remember 1-800-MEANING.
Keeping those tips in mind, coming up with a vanity number is easy! The hard part is finding it. These numbers have been around since the early ’90s so a lot of common numbers have been taken and used. Luckily, there are 7 toll free prefixes to work with, 1-800, 1-888, 1-877, 1-866, 1-855, 1-844 and the newest, 1-833, so you have more options than just the traditional 1-800 prefix.